Re: [Peterhead] James CORDINER c1820 - 23 Sept 1898

  • Steve Broekmann
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
      Catherine's request for off-line contact prompts me to try my earlier post again so everyone gets it without having to go to Yahoo. I seldom check Yahoo groups out but I appreciate the Peterhead emails. I think that as far as possible we should conduct discussions online because you never know who may share a particular interest.

      Steve

      Hi Ken,

      I am descended from Christian Cordiner's parents, I think. William
      and Janet. So I have a little information on them and their
      antecedents if you need it. Please let me know. Sorry I can't help
      on James' birth date. My tree is blank there. I only have James who
      was born in 1801. Presumably the uncle of your James.

      Steve
      Cape Town

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
        Hi there Steve,

        Thanks for your reply. Yes, we are related through Janet and
        Christian. I would certainly be interested in info on Janet
        Cordiners side of the family. She certainly seems to have a large
        number of descendants.

        I do have some info already and have contacted you direct so that we
        might sift through the common data we both have, and then we can fill
        in the gaps on our respective research.

        Cheers
        Ken
        New Zealand

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "stephenbroekmann" <lawmen@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Ken,
        >
        > I am descended from Christian Cordiner's parents, I think. William
        > and Janet. So I have a little information on them and their
        > antecedents if you need it. Please let me know. Sorry I can't help
        > on James' birth date. My tree is blank there. I only have James
        who
        > was born in 1801. Presumably the uncle of your James.
        >
        > Steve
        > Cape Town
        >

        > --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "nz.scot" <kenjeanmay@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Folks,
        > >
        > > I seem to have run up against a brick wall in trying to establish
        > > the date of birth of my gg grandfather JAMES CORDINER (c1820 - 23
        > > Sep 1896) and would greatly appreciate some help in trying to
        find
        > > his actual birth date.
        > >
        > > James parents were ALEXANDER CORDINER (c1790 - 1842) and
        CHRISTIAN
        > > CORDINER (1791 - 1867). He had eleven known siblings who were
        all
        > > born at Boddam or Peterhead.
        > >
        > > James married JANE ROBERTSON (c1821 - 11 Jun 1907) at Peterhead
        on
        > > 23 Nov 1843. They had 6 known children... James 1845, Alexander
        > > 1847, William c1850, Isabella c1852, Robertson 1854 and John 1856.
        > >
        > > If you have any knowledge of the above individuals I would
        > certainly
        > > appreciate hearing from you.
        > >
        > > Cheers
        > > Ken
        > > New Zealand

      • Steve Broekmann
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
          Hi Ken,

          Apologies for the silence. I am under pressure at work so I'll probably only get to think about this on the weekend. I have a photo of Janet Cordiner which I will scan and share with you if you are interested.

          Cheers for the moment.