Re: [Peterhead] James CORDINER c1820 - 23 Sept 1898

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
      Hi Ken,
      Can you contact me offline please regarding Alexander Cordiner and Christian Cordiner.
      Thnaks,
      Catherine

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
        Catherine's request for off-line contact prompts me to try my earlier post again so everyone gets it without having to go to Yahoo. I seldom check Yahoo groups out but I appreciate the Peterhead emails. I think that as far as possible we should conduct discussions online because you never know who may share a particular interest.

        Steve

        Hi Ken,

        I am descended from Christian Cordiner's parents, I think. William
        and Janet. So I have a little information on them and their
        antecedents if you need it. Please let me know. Sorry I can't help
        on James' birth date. My tree is blank there. I only have James who
        was born in 1801. Presumably the uncle of your James.

        Steve
        Cape Town

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
          Hi there Steve,

          Thanks for your reply. Yes, we are related through Janet and
          Christian. I would certainly be interested in info on Janet
          Cordiners side of the family. She certainly seems to have a large
          number of descendants.

          I do have some info already and have contacted you direct so that we
          might sift through the common data we both have, and then we can fill
          in the gaps on our respective research.

          Cheers
          Ken
          New Zealand

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "stephenbroekmann" <lawmen@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Ken,
          >
          > I am descended from Christian Cordiner's parents, I think. William
          > and Janet. So I have a little information on them and their
          > antecedents if you need it. Please let me know. Sorry I can't help
          > on James' birth date. My tree is blank there. I only have James
          who
          > was born in 1801. Presumably the uncle of your James.
          >
          > Steve
          > Cape Town
          >

          > --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "nz.scot" <kenjeanmay@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Folks,
          > >
          > > I seem to have run up against a brick wall in trying to establish
          > > the date of birth of my gg grandfather JAMES CORDINER (c1820 - 23
          > > Sep 1896) and would greatly appreciate some help in trying to
          find
          > > his actual birth date.
          > >
          > > James parents were ALEXANDER CORDINER (c1790 - 1842) and
          CHRISTIAN
          > > CORDINER (1791 - 1867). He had eleven known siblings who were
          all
          > > born at Boddam or Peterhead.
          > >
          > > James married JANE ROBERTSON (c1821 - 11 Jun 1907) at Peterhead
          on
          > > 23 Nov 1843. They had 6 known children... James 1845, Alexander
          > > 1847, William c1850, Isabella c1852, Robertson 1854 and John 1856.
          > >
          > > If you have any knowledge of the above individuals I would
          > certainly
          > > appreciate hearing from you.
          > >
          > > Cheers
          > > Ken
          > > New Zealand

        • Steve Broekmann
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
            Hi Ken,

            Apologies for the silence. I am under pressure at work so I'll probably only get to think about this on the weekend. I have a photo of Janet Cordiner which I will scan and share with you if you are interested.

            Cheers for the moment.