1851 census?

  • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 1999
      Wade, once again thank you for your information sent recently. One point
      for clarification--- you sent me 2 census reports for Bruce in Boddam,
      are they BOTH for 1851? Only the 1st one-District 20 p2 is numbered as
      such. Do you have a marriage date for Nicholson Bruce and Margaret
      Stephen.
      Looks like he 1st married Mary then Margaret Stephen???
      Also that Stephen brothers married Bruce sisters??

      Thanks Betty.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 1999
        Hi Betty,

        Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes wrote:

        > Wade, once again thank you for your information sent recently. One point
        > for clarification--- you sent me 2 census reports for Bruce in Boddam,
        > are they BOTH for 1851?

        They were both from the 1851 census, but different pages.

        > Do you have a marriage date for Nicholson Bruce and Margaret Stephen.

        Not without having to look at the IGI first. Do you have access to
        this? If you do and find a date then I can check the Peterhead OPR.

        > Looks like he 1st married Mary then Margaret Stephen???

        Two different Nicholson and Nicolson Bruce, one married Margaret Stephen
        and the other married Mary Cordiner.