Newspapers

  • mlarooij
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2006
      Many thanks Alison, Ray & Carolyn for your help. No chance of
      getting to Scotland for me I'm afraid. You have given me good
      information to consider. There are 3 people at the moment I am
      researching without success. As Alison suggested, someone may know
      something.
      Many thanks Alison, Ray & Carolyn for your help.

      No chance of getting to Scotland for me I'm afraid. You have given
      me good information to consider. There are 3 people at the moment I
      am researching without success. As Alison suggested, someone may
      know something.

      They are George MILNE bc1782 Peterhead according to the 1851 census.
      He married Ann GREIG, was a cooper, & died at Keith-inch (or was
      buried) 17 Feb 1853 in Lair A345.

      Also John MURRAY, a linnen hand loom weaver, who was down as 61 on
      the 1841 census, so born c1780 Aberdeenshire. He died or was buried
      18 Sep 1847 at Maiden st. Peterhead & was buried Lair E55 St Peter;s
      Kirkyard. He married (1) Jean MILNE & (2) Ann MURRAY. Ann died 16
      May 1876 & was the dau of Alexandr MURRAY from Crimond & his wife
      Jane ms PENNEY. I am interested though in information on the first
      wife Jean MILNE. She died/was buried 10 Nov 1823.

      Otherwise I would consider a researcher. I cannot think of any other
      areas to search. There is so little in the church records & they are
      too early for certificates.

      Cheers,
      Marion