Re: [Peterhead] Lovie - Jim's website

  • Katrina
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 21, 2006
      G'day from Australia,

      I've been on this list a while but this is my first message. I've been
      trying to contact you, Jim, as you have some of my relatives on your site.

      Below is the relevant entry, Elias Johnstone GILES was my 2x great
      grandfather's brother. I'm guessing your interest comes from his wife's
      mother who was Isabella Allan. I've delved into the Giles family quite a
      bit and would be happy to help if you would like further information.

      Isabella Ann Allan GILES
      BIRTH: 4 Jun 1883, 20 Windmill St. Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
      OCCUPATION: 1909, Dressmaker
      Address: 1909, 14 Upper grove Place, Edinburgh
      Father: Elias Johnstone GILES
      Mother: Margaret Thomson MCLEOD

      MARRIAGE: 5 Jun 1909, 35 George V Bridge, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland

      Robert Alexander MEIKLEJOHN
      BIRTH: 5 Aug 1884, Borgie, Tongue, Sutherland, Scotland
      OCCUPATION: 1909, Hotel Storekeeper
      Address: 1909, North British Hotel, Edinburgh
      Father: Robert MEIKLEJOHN
      Mother: Margaret DOULL

      Also the lady below married Elias Giles' brother David Sangster Giles on
      the 7th Jan 1891 but she passed away on 5th Dec 1893 from Phthisis.

      Margaret GEDDES
      24 Apr 1869 - ____
      BIRTH: 24 Apr 1869, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
      Father: James GEDDES
      Mother: Christina LAMB

      Thanks for your website.

      Regards,