Re: [Peterhead] Lovie/kelman

  • Shell Leo
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 15, 2006
      hi thanks for the link
      the kelmans from crimond were of interest to me thanks
      Michele

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Christine Tregonning
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 15, 2006
        Dear Group,

        As the subject of Lovies has come up I thought I would add my query:

        My ancestor James LOVIE was a merchant in Fraserburgh although
        according to the 1851 census he was born in Peterhead. He was born
        about 1803/1804 and died in New Zealand in 1872 aged 68 after
        emigrating there in 1860.

        I have been trying to confirm his parentage without success. There is
        a James LOVIE who was born in Longside to George LOVIE and Margaret
        M.S. WATSON who I think is a definite possibility however according to
        other sources this James LOVIE was married to Agnes BREBNER and had
        most probably died before 1851.

        My James LOVIE married Catherine FRASER in Fraserburgh in 1839.

        New Zealand death certificates before about 1876 did not include the
        parents of the deceased.

        Any ideas or information would be appreciated.

        Regards,

        Christine

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "usstweedy" <cmosfets@...> wrote:

        > If you look at my web-site angelfire.com/ny4/peterhead you will find
        > some Lovie's. I have not updated the site for a year, and I have some
        > others. If you find anything of interest, let me know and I will give
        > you what ever I have.
        >
        > Cheers
        > Jim Allan
        > Beacon, New york

      • Katrina
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 21, 2006
          G'day from Australia,

          I've been on this list a while but this is my first message. I've been
          trying to contact you, Jim, as you have some of my relatives on your site.

          Below is the relevant entry, Elias Johnstone GILES was my 2x great
          grandfather's brother. I'm guessing your interest comes from his wife's
          mother who was Isabella Allan. I've delved into the Giles family quite a
          bit and would be happy to help if you would like further information.

          Isabella Ann Allan GILES
          BIRTH: 4 Jun 1883, 20 Windmill St. Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
          OCCUPATION: 1909, Dressmaker
          Address: 1909, 14 Upper grove Place, Edinburgh
          Father: Elias Johnstone GILES
          Mother: Margaret Thomson MCLEOD

          MARRIAGE: 5 Jun 1909, 35 George V Bridge, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland

          Robert Alexander MEIKLEJOHN
          BIRTH: 5 Aug 1884, Borgie, Tongue, Sutherland, Scotland
          OCCUPATION: 1909, Hotel Storekeeper
          Address: 1909, North British Hotel, Edinburgh
          Father: Robert MEIKLEJOHN
          Mother: Margaret DOULL

          Also the lady below married Elias Giles' brother David Sangster Giles on
          the 7th Jan 1891 but she passed away on 5th Dec 1893 from Phthisis.

          Margaret GEDDES
          24 Apr 1869 - ____
          BIRTH: 24 Apr 1869, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
          Father: James GEDDES
          Mother: Christina LAMB

          Thanks for your website.

          Regards,