Re: [Peterhead] Lovie

  • Allan Harrop
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 15, 2006
      Hi Jim,
      Forgive me if I have contacted you already, but I have just looked at your website and found my Gr Gr Grandfather Alexander Kinghorn and his second wife Margaret Ledingham listed.What is your connection to this family?
      Regards
      Eileen Harrop

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 15, 2006
        hi thanks for the link
        the kelmans from crimond were of interest to me thanks
        Michele

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Christine Tregonning
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 15, 2006
          Dear Group,

          As the subject of Lovies has come up I thought I would add my query:

          My ancestor James LOVIE was a merchant in Fraserburgh although
          according to the 1851 census he was born in Peterhead. He was born
          about 1803/1804 and died in New Zealand in 1872 aged 68 after
          emigrating there in 1860.

          I have been trying to confirm his parentage without success. There is
          a James LOVIE who was born in Longside to George LOVIE and Margaret
          M.S. WATSON who I think is a definite possibility however according to
          other sources this James LOVIE was married to Agnes BREBNER and had
          most probably died before 1851.

          My James LOVIE married Catherine FRASER in Fraserburgh in 1839.

          New Zealand death certificates before about 1876 did not include the
          parents of the deceased.

          Any ideas or information would be appreciated.

          Regards,

          Christine

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "usstweedy" <cmosfets@...> wrote:

          > If you look at my web-site angelfire.com/ny4/peterhead you will find
          > some Lovie's. I have not updated the site for a year, and I have some
          > others. If you find anything of interest, let me know and I will give
          > you what ever I have.
          >
          > Cheers
          > Jim Allan
          > Beacon, New york

        • Katrina
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 21, 2006
            G'day from Australia,

            I've been on this list a while but this is my first message. I've been
            trying to contact you, Jim, as you have some of my relatives on your site.

            Below is the relevant entry, Elias Johnstone GILES was my 2x great
            grandfather's brother. I'm guessing your interest comes from his wife's
            mother who was Isabella Allan. I've delved into the Giles family quite a
            bit and would be happy to help if you would like further information.

            Isabella Ann Allan GILES
            BIRTH: 4 Jun 1883, 20 Windmill St. Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
            OCCUPATION: 1909, Dressmaker
            Address: 1909, 14 Upper grove Place, Edinburgh
            Father: Elias Johnstone GILES
            Mother: Margaret Thomson MCLEOD

            MARRIAGE: 5 Jun 1909, 35 George V Bridge, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland

            Robert Alexander MEIKLEJOHN
            BIRTH: 5 Aug 1884, Borgie, Tongue, Sutherland, Scotland
            OCCUPATION: 1909, Hotel Storekeeper
            Address: 1909, North British Hotel, Edinburgh
            Father: Robert MEIKLEJOHN
            Mother: Margaret DOULL

            Also the lady below married Elias Giles' brother David Sangster Giles on
            the 7th Jan 1891 but she passed away on 5th Dec 1893 from Phthisis.

            Margaret GEDDES
            24 Apr 1869 - ____
            BIRTH: 24 Apr 1869, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
            Father: James GEDDES
            Mother: Christina LAMB

            Thanks for your website.

            Regards,