Re: [Peterhead] fladdo ??????? crimond

  • Ray Hennessy
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2006
      Michele "Shell Leo" <shelldeleo@...> wrote:

      > "13 September 1787 William Kelman in Fladdo was
      > married to Christian Forman, daughter to Andrew
      > Forman, also in Fladdo". This was in the Parish of
      > Crimond, but I wasn't sure I was reading the place
      > name "Fladdo"
      >
      > can anyone tell me what the correct spelling could be
      > for fladdo please thanks Michele

      Hi Michele

      I would guess it is "Haddo". [I see Ken Malley agrees.]

      A full-ish list of placenames can be found on the GENUKI pages.
      The one for Crimond is at
      http://www.urie.demon.co.uk/genuki/ABD/Crimond/gazeteer.html

      Haddo is the only likely one on that list but the list isn't complete.
      Many tiny places may be missing.

      Best wishes

      Ray Hennessy
      www.whatsinaname.net
    • Shell Leo
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 10, 2006
        hi kenny thanks for that i will check it out Michele

        http://mail.yahoo.com