Re: [Peterhead] fladdo ??????? crimond

  • Kenmalley4@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2006
      IT COULD POSSIBLE BE HADDO
      Kenny

    • Ray Hennessy
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 10, 2006
        Michele "Shell Leo" <shelldeleo@...> wrote:

        > "13 September 1787 William Kelman in Fladdo was
        > married to Christian Forman, daughter to Andrew
        > Forman, also in Fladdo". This was in the Parish of
        > Crimond, but I wasn't sure I was reading the place
        > name "Fladdo"
        >
        > can anyone tell me what the correct spelling could be
        > for fladdo please thanks Michele

        Hi Michele

        I would guess it is "Haddo". [I see Ken Malley agrees.]

        A full-ish list of placenames can be found on the GENUKI pages.
        The one for Crimond is at
        http://www.urie.demon.co.uk/genuki/ABD/Crimond/gazeteer.html

        Haddo is the only likely one on that list but the list isn't complete.
        Many tiny places may be missing.

        Best wishes

        Ray Hennessy
        www.whatsinaname.net
      • Shell Leo
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 10, 2006
          hi kenny thanks for that i will check it out Michele

          http://mail.yahoo.com