fladdo ??????? crimond

  • Shell Leo
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9 7:58 PM
      "13
      September 1787 William Kelman in Fladdo was married to
      Christian
      Forman,
      daughter to Andrew Forman, also in Fladdo". This was
      in the Parish of
      Crimond, but I wasn't sure I was reading the place
      name "Fladdo"

      can anyone tell me what the correct spelling could be
      for fladdo please thanks Michele

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9 10:30 PM
        IT COULD POSSIBLE BE HADDO
        Kenny

      • Ray Hennessy
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 10 5:36 AM
          Michele "Shell Leo" <shelldeleo@...> wrote:

          > "13 September 1787 William Kelman in Fladdo was
          > married to Christian Forman, daughter to Andrew
          > Forman, also in Fladdo". This was in the Parish of
          > Crimond, but I wasn't sure I was reading the place
          > name "Fladdo"
          >
          > can anyone tell me what the correct spelling could be
          > for fladdo please thanks Michele

          Hi Michele

          I would guess it is "Haddo". [I see Ken Malley agrees.]

          A full-ish list of placenames can be found on the GENUKI pages.
          The one for Crimond is at
          http://www.urie.demon.co.uk/genuki/ABD/Crimond/gazeteer.html

          Haddo is the only likely one on that list but the list isn't complete.
          Many tiny places may be missing.

          Best wishes

          Ray Hennessy
          www.whatsinaname.net
        • Shell Leo
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 10 7:09 AM
            hi kenny thanks for that i will check it out Michele

            http://mail.yahoo.com