Re: [Peterhead] Lovie

  • Shell Leo
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 24, 2006
      hi catherine thank you :D
      Michele

      --- Cci <cci@...> wrote:

      > Hi Michele.
      > I looked on the IGI and John and Marjory Lovie had
      > the following children;
      > James born 1767
      > Jean born 1781
      > Isobel born 1768
      > Margaret born 1773
      > John born 1776
      >
      > In Boyndie there was a John Lovie born 1776 on the
      > 1841 census.
      >
      > Whitehills Banff
      > John Lovie, Fisherman, 65
      > Jane Lovie, 60
      > William Lovie, Fisherman, 20
      >
      > I looked on the IGI for a marriage for Margaret
      > Lovie but there were none about 1790, guessing she
      > was about 20 when she married.
      >
      > Hope this helps a bit,
      > Best wishes,
      > Catherine

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • usstweedy
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 14, 2006
        If you look at my web-site angelfire.com/ny4/peterhead you will find
        some Lovie's. I have not updated the site for a year, and I have some
        others. If you find anything of interest, let me know and I will give
        you what ever I have.

        Cheers
        Jim Allan
        Beacon, New york
      • Allan Harrop
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 15, 2006
          Hi Jim,
          Forgive me if I have contacted you already, but I have just looked at your website and found my Gr Gr Grandfather Alexander Kinghorn and his second wife Margaret Ledingham listed.What is your connection to this family?
          Regards
          Eileen Harrop

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 15, 2006
            hi thanks for the link
            the kelmans from crimond were of interest to me thanks
            Michele

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Christine Tregonning
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 15, 2006
              Dear Group,

              As the subject of Lovies has come up I thought I would add my query:

              My ancestor James LOVIE was a merchant in Fraserburgh although
              according to the 1851 census he was born in Peterhead. He was born
              about 1803/1804 and died in New Zealand in 1872 aged 68 after
              emigrating there in 1860.

              I have been trying to confirm his parentage without success. There is
              a James LOVIE who was born in Longside to George LOVIE and Margaret
              M.S. WATSON who I think is a definite possibility however according to
              other sources this James LOVIE was married to Agnes BREBNER and had
              most probably died before 1851.

              My James LOVIE married Catherine FRASER in Fraserburgh in 1839.

              New Zealand death certificates before about 1876 did not include the
              parents of the deceased.

              Any ideas or information would be appreciated.

              Regards,

              Christine

              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "usstweedy" <cmosfets@...> wrote:

              > If you look at my web-site angelfire.com/ny4/peterhead you will find
              > some Lovie's. I have not updated the site for a year, and I have some
              > others. If you find anything of interest, let me know and I will give
              > you what ever I have.
              >
              > Cheers
              > Jim Allan
              > Beacon, New york

            • Katrina
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 21, 2006
                G'day from Australia,

                I've been on this list a while but this is my first message. I've been
                trying to contact you, Jim, as you have some of my relatives on your site.

                Below is the relevant entry, Elias Johnstone GILES was my 2x great
                grandfather's brother. I'm guessing your interest comes from his wife's
                mother who was Isabella Allan. I've delved into the Giles family quite a
                bit and would be happy to help if you would like further information.

                Isabella Ann Allan GILES
                BIRTH: 4 Jun 1883, 20 Windmill St. Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
                OCCUPATION: 1909, Dressmaker
                Address: 1909, 14 Upper grove Place, Edinburgh
                Father: Elias Johnstone GILES
                Mother: Margaret Thomson MCLEOD

                MARRIAGE: 5 Jun 1909, 35 George V Bridge, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland

                Robert Alexander MEIKLEJOHN
                BIRTH: 5 Aug 1884, Borgie, Tongue, Sutherland, Scotland
                OCCUPATION: 1909, Hotel Storekeeper
                Address: 1909, North British Hotel, Edinburgh
                Father: Robert MEIKLEJOHN
                Mother: Margaret DOULL

                Also the lady below married Elias Giles' brother David Sangster Giles on
                the 7th Jan 1891 but she passed away on 5th Dec 1893 from Phthisis.

                Margaret GEDDES
                24 Apr 1869 - ____
                BIRTH: 24 Apr 1869, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
                Father: James GEDDES
                Mother: Christina LAMB

                Thanks for your website.

                Regards,