Lovie

  • Shell Leo
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 23, 2006
      hi im researching Jean Lovie born in boyndie 1781
      daughter of John and Margery Lovie
      Jean married John Ritchie

      Jean had a sister margaret born 1773 in boyndie

      any help is greatly appreciated thanks
      Michele

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 23, 2006
        I have a John Lovie b.1746 wed a Marjery Hacket b.1746 wed 1775 Pitsligo
        with a daughter
        Jean b 1787 Pitsligo Is that the one
        Kenny

      • Shell Leo
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 23, 2006
          hi my jean lovie was born in 1781 in boyndie and her
          sister margaret 1773 at boyndie

          --- Kenmalley4@... wrote:

          > I have a John Lovie b.1746 wed a Marjery Hacket
          > b.1746 wed 1775 Pitsligo
          > with a daughter
          > Jean b 1787 Pitsligo Is that the one
          > Kenny

          > removed]

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Cci
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 24, 2006
            Hi Michele.
            I looked on the IGI and John and Marjory Lovie had the following children;
            James born 1767
            Jean born 1781
            Isobel born 1768
            Margaret born 1773
            John born 1776

            In Boyndie there was a John Lovie born 1776 on the 1841 census.

            Whitehills Banff
            John Lovie, Fisherman, 65
            Jane Lovie, 60
            William Lovie, Fisherman, 20

            I looked on the IGI for a marriage for Margaret Lovie but there were none about 1790, guessing she was about 20 when she married.

            Hope this helps a bit,
            Best wishes,
            Catherine

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 24, 2006
              hi catherine thank you :D
              Michele

              --- Cci <cci@...> wrote:

              > Hi Michele.
              > I looked on the IGI and John and Marjory Lovie had
              > the following children;
              > James born 1767
              > Jean born 1781
              > Isobel born 1768
              > Margaret born 1773
              > John born 1776
              >
              > In Boyndie there was a John Lovie born 1776 on the
              > 1841 census.
              >
              > Whitehills Banff
              > John Lovie, Fisherman, 65
              > Jane Lovie, 60
              > William Lovie, Fisherman, 20
              >
              > I looked on the IGI for a marriage for Margaret
              > Lovie but there were none about 1790, guessing she
              > was about 20 when she married.
              >
              > Hope this helps a bit,
              > Best wishes,
              > Catherine

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • usstweedy
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 14, 2006
                If you look at my web-site angelfire.com/ny4/peterhead you will find
                some Lovie's. I have not updated the site for a year, and I have some
                others. If you find anything of interest, let me know and I will give
                you what ever I have.

                Cheers
                Jim Allan
                Beacon, New york
              • Allan Harrop
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 15, 2006
                  Hi Jim,
                  Forgive me if I have contacted you already, but I have just looked at your website and found my Gr Gr Grandfather Alexander Kinghorn and his second wife Margaret Ledingham listed.What is your connection to this family?
                  Regards
                  Eileen Harrop

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 15, 2006
                    hi thanks for the link
                    the kelmans from crimond were of interest to me thanks
                    Michele

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Christine Tregonning
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 15, 2006
                      Dear Group,

                      As the subject of Lovies has come up I thought I would add my query:

                      My ancestor James LOVIE was a merchant in Fraserburgh although
                      according to the 1851 census he was born in Peterhead. He was born
                      about 1803/1804 and died in New Zealand in 1872 aged 68 after
                      emigrating there in 1860.

                      I have been trying to confirm his parentage without success. There is
                      a James LOVIE who was born in Longside to George LOVIE and Margaret
                      M.S. WATSON who I think is a definite possibility however according to
                      other sources this James LOVIE was married to Agnes BREBNER and had
                      most probably died before 1851.

                      My James LOVIE married Catherine FRASER in Fraserburgh in 1839.

                      New Zealand death certificates before about 1876 did not include the
                      parents of the deceased.

                      Any ideas or information would be appreciated.

                      Regards,

                      Christine

                      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "usstweedy" <cmosfets@...> wrote:

                      > If you look at my web-site angelfire.com/ny4/peterhead you will find
                      > some Lovie's. I have not updated the site for a year, and I have some
                      > others. If you find anything of interest, let me know and I will give
                      > you what ever I have.
                      >
                      > Cheers
                      > Jim Allan
                      > Beacon, New york

                    • Katrina
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 21, 2006
                        G'day from Australia,

                        I've been on this list a while but this is my first message. I've been
                        trying to contact you, Jim, as you have some of my relatives on your site.

                        Below is the relevant entry, Elias Johnstone GILES was my 2x great
                        grandfather's brother. I'm guessing your interest comes from his wife's
                        mother who was Isabella Allan. I've delved into the Giles family quite a
                        bit and would be happy to help if you would like further information.

                        Isabella Ann Allan GILES
                        BIRTH: 4 Jun 1883, 20 Windmill St. Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
                        OCCUPATION: 1909, Dressmaker
                        Address: 1909, 14 Upper grove Place, Edinburgh
                        Father: Elias Johnstone GILES
                        Mother: Margaret Thomson MCLEOD

                        MARRIAGE: 5 Jun 1909, 35 George V Bridge, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland

                        Robert Alexander MEIKLEJOHN
                        BIRTH: 5 Aug 1884, Borgie, Tongue, Sutherland, Scotland
                        OCCUPATION: 1909, Hotel Storekeeper
                        Address: 1909, North British Hotel, Edinburgh
                        Father: Robert MEIKLEJOHN
                        Mother: Margaret DOULL

                        Also the lady below married Elias Giles' brother David Sangster Giles on
                        the 7th Jan 1891 but she passed away on 5th Dec 1893 from Phthisis.

                        Margaret GEDDES
                        24 Apr 1869 - ____
                        BIRTH: 24 Apr 1869, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
                        Father: James GEDDES
                        Mother: Christina LAMB

                        Thanks for your website.

                        Regards,