Re: [Peterhead] Parents' names on certificates

  • Alison Palmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2006
      Just a guess but could Mary Shand be a 2nd wife?
      That way her birth mother, Mary Wallace was recorded on her birth and death
      certificate, her stepmother on her marriage certificate. (perhaps raised as
      child of Mary Shand) Have you got death details of Mary Wallace?
      Or Mary could have been married before and one of the names Shand or Wallace
      could be her maiden name, one her previous married name?
      Suppose you'll need to find marriage & death records of these parents.

      Alison