Re: [Peterhead] Robertson from Peterhead

  • Ray Hennessy
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2006
      Maureen <moresmall3909@...> wrote:

      > Noticed the last couple of posts have mentioned Robertson.
      My gt grandmother was Jane Robertson b 1849,(in Peterhead)
      ... was married to John Lawrence May (Jockey Borra) 1846-1923.

      Hello Maureen.

      I was intrigued by the grooms' name:
      "John Lawrence May (Jockey Borra)"

      Do you happen to know if the addition was a Tee-name
      and, if so,what it meant?
      "Jockey" is a frequent pet name for "John" but "Borra" ???

      If it is a Tee-name, I like to include it in my website as an example.

      TIA

      Best wishes

      Ray Hennessy
      www.whatsinaname.net