Robertson from Peterhead

  • moresmall
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10 1:01 PM
      Hi listers

      Noticed the last couple of posts have mentioned Robertson. My gt
      grandmother was Jane Robertson b 1849,(in Peterhead) died March 1908,
      she was married to John Lawrence May (Jockey Borra) 1846-1923.

      Jane Robertsons parents were: James Robertson & Ann Smith, who had 7
      children.

      Any of the above names sound familiar, would love to hear or exchange
      information.

      Kind regards

      Maureen, born in Fraserburgh, now living down under in New Zealand.
    • Ray Hennessy
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10 4:03 PM
        Maureen <moresmall3909@...> wrote:

        > Noticed the last couple of posts have mentioned Robertson.
        My gt grandmother was Jane Robertson b 1849,(in Peterhead)
        ... was married to John Lawrence May (Jockey Borra) 1846-1923.

        Hello Maureen.

        I was intrigued by the grooms' name:
        "John Lawrence May (Jockey Borra)"

        Do you happen to know if the addition was a Tee-name
        and, if so,what it meant?
        "Jockey" is a frequent pet name for "John" but "Borra" ???

        If it is a Tee-name, I like to include it in my website as an example.

        TIA

        Best wishes

        Ray Hennessy
        www.whatsinaname.net