Re: [Peterhead] Re: B&B in Peterhead

  • Arthur
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 9, 2006
      Hi Ian,

      You don't by chance have a George ROBERTSON born 12 Dec 1850 died 2 April
      1930 buried Longside churchyard. I think that one of his sons, James went to
      Canada. Other members of that family in Canada - Mabel Sharpe, Donald and
      George in Alberta.

      I know my mother visited these people while in Canada in the 1970s.

      Many thanks.

      Arthur De Maine
      Kakanui
      NEW Zealand
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 21, 2006
        Hi Michele

        Perhaps a long shot, but sometimes in this game they pay off. Do you have any other family members.

        My tree shows a James Kelman, b about 1765 in Scotland, married to a Margaret ?? about 1799. Had 2 children (to our knowledge) - a James Kelman and a William Killmain.

        James spent time as a soldier in India and died 15 Feb 1805. Wife Margaret was born inScotland abt 1766, and died in India in 1836. You might have a look at our Harman website on http://users.rootsweb.com/~indwgw/harman/WC01/WC01_046.htm Do you have any other details of your William or Christian?

        Best Regards

        Michael

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 21, 2006
          William KELMAN m Christian FOR(E)MAN 13 September 1787
          Crimond

          Known issue:

          1.1 Barbara KELMAN born c. 1788

          1.2 John KELMAN born c. 1790 St Fergus

          m Mary ABERNETHY

          died 4 March 1872 St Fergus

          1.3 Christian KELMAN born c. 1793 St Fergus

          m William BLACK 7 December
          1823 Peterhead

          died 9 November 1857 Strichen

          1.4 Ann KELMAN born c. 1802 St Fergus