Re: B&B in Peterhead

  • Ian Robertson
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 9, 2006
      I also hope to visit in October with my wife. I would be interested to learn about B &B s and also about genealogists whom I might consult with to subsequently look for some old Robertson family links (1820 and earlier).

      Sincerely
      Ian Robertson
      864 Pacific Dr
      Delta, BC, Canada
      V4M 2K3
      tel: 604-943-3715
      fax: 604-943-7391
      email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...

    • Margaret Hector
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 9, 2006
        Hi, Ian,
        We have an Isabella ROBERTSON, daughter of William ROBERTSON and Isabel GREIG, born 1803 in Lonmay. She married Andrew BOYD of Peterhead on 15 June 1830 and died on 13 February 1880 in Peterhead.
        Cheers
        Margaret

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 9, 2006
          Hi Ian,

          You don't by chance have a George ROBERTSON born 12 Dec 1850 died 2 April
          1930 buried Longside churchyard. I think that one of his sons, James went to
          Canada. Other members of that family in Canada - Mabel Sharpe, Donald and
          George in Alberta.

          I know my mother visited these people while in Canada in the 1970s.

          Many thanks.

          Arthur De Maine
          Kakanui
          NEW Zealand
          >I also hope to visit in October with my wife. I would be interested to
          >learn about B &B s and also about genealogists whom I might consult with to
          >subsequently look for some old Robertson family links (1820 and earlier).
          >
          > Sincerely
          > Ian Robertson
          > 864 Pacific Dr
          > Delta, BC, Canada
          > V4M 2K3
          > tel: 604-943-3715
          > fax: 604-943-7391
          > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
          >
          > --

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --

        • Michael Brock
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 21, 2006
            Hi Michele

            Perhaps a long shot, but sometimes in this game they pay off. Do you have any other family members.

            My tree shows a James Kelman, b about 1765 in Scotland, married to a Margaret ?? about 1799. Had 2 children (to our knowledge) - a James Kelman and a William Killmain.

            James spent time as a soldier in India and died 15 Feb 1805. Wife Margaret was born inScotland abt 1766, and died in India in 1836. You might have a look at our Harman website on http://users.rootsweb.com/~indwgw/harman/WC01/WC01_046.htm Do you have any other details of your William or Christian?

            Best Regards

            Michael

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 21, 2006
              William KELMAN m Christian FOR(E)MAN 13 September 1787
              Crimond

              Known issue:

              1.1 Barbara KELMAN born c. 1788

              1.2 John KELMAN born c. 1790 St Fergus

              m Mary ABERNETHY

              died 4 March 1872 St Fergus

              1.3 Christian KELMAN born c. 1793 St Fergus

              m William BLACK 7 December
              1823 Peterhead

              died 9 November 1857 Strichen

              1.4 Ann KELMAN born c. 1802 St Fergus