B&B in Peterhead

  • andrea mcharg
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 9, 2006
      Hi all,

      I am planning a trip to Peterhead in October and I am
      having trouble finding info about accomdation on the
      internet. Can anyone recommend a nice B&B in the town?

      Many thanks,

      Andrea

      http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
    • Ian Robertson
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 9, 2006
        I also hope to visit in October with my wife. I would be interested to learn about B &B s and also about genealogists whom I might consult with to subsequently look for some old Robertson family links (1820 and earlier).

        Sincerely
        Ian Robertson
        864 Pacific Dr
        Delta, BC, Canada
        V4M 2K3
        tel: 604-943-3715
        fax: 604-943-7391
        email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...

      • Margaret Hector
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 9, 2006
          Hi, Ian,
          We have an Isabella ROBERTSON, daughter of William ROBERTSON and Isabel GREIG, born 1803 in Lonmay. She married Andrew BOYD of Peterhead on 15 June 1830 and died on 13 February 1880 in Peterhead.
          Cheers
          Margaret

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 9, 2006
            Hi Ian,

            You don't by chance have a George ROBERTSON born 12 Dec 1850 died 2 April
            1930 buried Longside churchyard. I think that one of his sons, James went to
            Canada. Other members of that family in Canada - Mabel Sharpe, Donald and
            George in Alberta.

            I know my mother visited these people while in Canada in the 1970s.

            Many thanks.

            Arthur De Maine
            Kakanui
            NEW Zealand
            >I also hope to visit in October with my wife. I would be interested to
            >learn about B &B s and also about genealogists whom I might consult with to
            >subsequently look for some old Robertson family links (1820 and earlier).
            >
            > Sincerely
            > Ian Robertson
            > 864 Pacific Dr
            > Delta, BC, Canada
            > V4M 2K3
            > tel: 604-943-3715
            > fax: 604-943-7391
            > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
            >
            > --

            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            > --

          • Michael Brock
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 21, 2006
              Hi Michele

              Perhaps a long shot, but sometimes in this game they pay off. Do you have any other family members.

              My tree shows a James Kelman, b about 1765 in Scotland, married to a Margaret ?? about 1799. Had 2 children (to our knowledge) - a James Kelman and a William Killmain.

              James spent time as a soldier in India and died 15 Feb 1805. Wife Margaret was born inScotland abt 1766, and died in India in 1836. You might have a look at our Harman website on http://users.rootsweb.com/~indwgw/harman/WC01/WC01_046.htm Do you have any other details of your William or Christian?

              Best Regards

              Michael

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 21, 2006
                William KELMAN m Christian FOR(E)MAN 13 September 1787
                Crimond

                Known issue:

                1.1 Barbara KELMAN born c. 1788

                1.2 John KELMAN born c. 1790 St Fergus

                m Mary ABERNETHY

                died 4 March 1872 St Fergus

                1.3 Christian KELMAN born c. 1793 St Fergus

                m William BLACK 7 December
                1823 Peterhead

                died 9 November 1857 Strichen

                1.4 Ann KELMAN born c. 1802 St Fergus