kelman/foreman 1787 crimond

  • Shell Leo
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2006
      . William KELMAN m Christian FOR(E)MAN 13 September
      1787 Crimond

      hi hoping to find more info on this family thanks Michele

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • andrea mcharg
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 9, 2006
        Hi all,

        I am planning a trip to Peterhead in October and I am
        having trouble finding info about accomdation on the
        internet. Can anyone recommend a nice B&B in the town?

        Many thanks,

        Andrea

        http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
      • Ian Robertson
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 9, 2006
          I also hope to visit in October with my wife. I would be interested to learn about B &B s and also about genealogists whom I might consult with to subsequently look for some old Robertson family links (1820 and earlier).

          Sincerely
          Ian Robertson
          864 Pacific Dr
          Delta, BC, Canada
          V4M 2K3
          tel: 604-943-3715
          fax: 604-943-7391
          email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...

        • Margaret Hector
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 9, 2006
            Hi, Ian,
            We have an Isabella ROBERTSON, daughter of William ROBERTSON and Isabel GREIG, born 1803 in Lonmay. She married Andrew BOYD of Peterhead on 15 June 1830 and died on 13 February 1880 in Peterhead.
            Cheers
            Margaret

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 9, 2006
              Hi Ian,

              You don't by chance have a George ROBERTSON born 12 Dec 1850 died 2 April
              1930 buried Longside churchyard. I think that one of his sons, James went to
              Canada. Other members of that family in Canada - Mabel Sharpe, Donald and
              George in Alberta.

              I know my mother visited these people while in Canada in the 1970s.

              Many thanks.

              Arthur De Maine
              Kakanui
              NEW Zealand
              >I also hope to visit in October with my wife. I would be interested to
              >learn about B &B s and also about genealogists whom I might consult with to
              >subsequently look for some old Robertson family links (1820 and earlier).
              >
              > Sincerely
              > Ian Robertson
              > 864 Pacific Dr
              > Delta, BC, Canada
              > V4M 2K3
              > tel: 604-943-3715
              > fax: 604-943-7391
              > email: HYPERLINK "mailto:idr@..."idr@...
              >
              > --

              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >

              > --

            • Michael Brock
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 21, 2006
                Hi Michele

                Perhaps a long shot, but sometimes in this game they pay off. Do you have any other family members.

                My tree shows a James Kelman, b about 1765 in Scotland, married to a Margaret ?? about 1799. Had 2 children (to our knowledge) - a James Kelman and a William Killmain.

                James spent time as a soldier in India and died 15 Feb 1805. Wife Margaret was born inScotland abt 1766, and died in India in 1836. You might have a look at our Harman website on http://users.rootsweb.com/~indwgw/harman/WC01/WC01_046.htm Do you have any other details of your William or Christian?

                Best Regards

                Michael

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 21, 2006
                  William KELMAN m Christian FOR(E)MAN 13 September 1787
                  Crimond

                  Known issue:

                  1.1 Barbara KELMAN born c. 1788

                  1.2 John KELMAN born c. 1790 St Fergus

                  m Mary ABERNETHY

                  died 4 March 1872 St Fergus

                  1.3 Christian KELMAN born c. 1793 St Fergus

                  m William BLACK 7 December
                  1823 Peterhead

                  died 9 November 1857 Strichen

                  1.4 Ann KELMAN born c. 1802 St Fergus