Re: [Peterhead] Edward May and Ellena Hughes

  • Alistair and Denise
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
      Hi, Ciarán

      From the evidence of my own distant cousins Inverallochy appears to be near
      Rathen, and certainly in my relatives' cases, sometimes they're deemed to be
      in Inverallochy, but sometimes in Rathen. Depends where their BMDs were
      registered, of course.

      Alistair
      (reading the Finnie correspondence with interest)

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
        Ciaran,

        I saw a response from another party suggesting that the census data was probably with Rathen, and that is likely from what I have, as well.

        As for Inverallochy, it is north of Peterhead, on the coast, and when my wife and I flashed into it in March 2005, it was a cold and miserable day and was very bleak. I am sure it is a nicer place than that.

        --- Ken May <kenjmay@yahoo. com> wrote:

        > Ciaran,
        >
        > My May family came from Inverallochy and moved down
        > to Peterhead, however, I don't have an Edward in my
        > list, although I only have the direct line recorded
        > and some of the other male lines may have the names
        > you're after. My line were coopers and fish curers,
        > although my G-grandfather' s brother was Provost of
        > Peterhead. Who knows what other lines of work they
        > got into.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Ken May
        > Christchurch, New Zealand