Re: [Peterhead] Edward May and Ellena Hughes

  • Ciarÿffffffffffe1n May
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
      Hi Ken,

      Thanks for the response. Where is Invarallochy? Is
      there likely to be a census return for this place?

      Ciarán

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Alistair and Denise
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
        Hi, Ciarán

        From the evidence of my own distant cousins Inverallochy appears to be near
        Rathen, and certainly in my relatives' cases, sometimes they're deemed to be
        in Inverallochy, but sometimes in Rathen. Depends where their BMDs were
        registered, of course.

        Alistair
        (reading the Finnie correspondence with interest)

        > Thanks for the response. Where is Invarallochy? Is
        > there likely to be a census return for this place?
        >
        > Ciarán
        >

        > --- Ken May <kenjmay@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Ciaran,
        > >
        > > My May family came from Inverallochy and moved down
        > > to Peterhead, however, I don't have an Edward in my
        > > list, although I only have the direct line recorded
        > > and some of the other male lines may have the names
        > > you're after. My line were coopers and fish curers,
        > > although my G-grandfather's brother was Provost of
        > > Peterhead. Who knows what other lines of work they
        > > got into.
        > >
        > > Regards
        > >
        > > Ken May
        > > Christchurch, New Zealand

      • Ken May
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
          Ciaran,

          I saw a response from another party suggesting that the census data was probably with Rathen, and that is likely from what I have, as well.

          As for Inverallochy, it is north of Peterhead, on the coast, and when my wife and I flashed into it in March 2005, it was a cold and miserable day and was very bleak. I am sure it is a nicer place than that.

          --- Ken May <kenjmay@yahoo. com> wrote:

          > Ciaran,
          >
          > My May family came from Inverallochy and moved down
          > to Peterhead, however, I don't have an Edward in my
          > list, although I only have the direct line recorded
          > and some of the other male lines may have the names
          > you're after. My line were coopers and fish curers,
          > although my G-grandfather' s brother was Provost of
          > Peterhead. Who knows what other lines of work they
          > got into.
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Ken May
          > Christchurch, New Zealand