Re: Elizabeth Finnie

  • ssn_richmond
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2006
      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "moresmall" <moresmall3909@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I have an Elizabeth Finnie born in Longside 16 May 1823, died 20
      March
      > 1895 9 Cross Street Fraserburgh. She married a John Cardno 32
      October
      > 1820 died 26 February 1905. These are my gt gt grandparents.
      >
      > Can anyone help as to Elizabeth's parents ? I have her father as
      > Alexander Finnie born 2 Oct 1794 in Rathen, and date of death 6
      October
      > 1883 in 44 Mid Street, Fraserburgh, with a question mark over his
      > wife. The children I have of this marriage are Jean, Margaret,
      > Elizabeth (as above) William, James, Margaret, Thomas, George &
      James.

      Hi Maureen
      I think we may be distantly related.
      My gt gt grandfather was George Finnie ( the one on your list ) and
      he married Jane Stephen.
      These are all the children of Alexander Finnie and Margaret Craib
      (born Longside 03/09/1800 and died in 1851)
      There were two other children:
      John 01/01/1822 and Isabella 15/09/1840.
      The only problem is Alexander himself.
      I have him as being born in 1786 and dying in 1843 at Longside.
      Otherwise your list of children is identical to mine and in the same
      order.
      Regards
      Sue
      England