Re: Peterhead Drill Hall

  • wgm0924
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
      Hi Carolyn,

      The old drill hall was there when I lived in Peterhead as a young
      loon in 1952, I can't remeber when it was knocked down but it would
      probably have been in the late 60's.

      I have just spoken to the curator of the museum and she also thought
      it was the late 60's when it was demolished, they have pictures of
      the drill hall but can't date them, the phone number of the museum is
      01779477778, I have found them extremely helpful in the past.

      Regards

      Bill Morrison
      Edinburgh

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn Morrisey
      <carolyn.morrisey@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Hazel. I'd appreciate that. I tried to find an email
      address
      > for the museum, but without luck. I thought someone there would
      know.
      > Carolyn
      >
      > Hazel Holt wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Carolyn,
      > > The memorial is still there but not sure when the Old Drill Hall
      was
      > > pulled down. I can ask around for you and let you know.
      > >
      > > Hazel

      > --
      > Carolyn Morrisey
      > Readings and Reserve Officer
      > Matheson Library
      > Monash University 3800
      >
      > Telephone:61 3 990 52675
      > Email: carolyn.morrisey@...

    • D
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2014
        Have a look at the information on the link below Carolyn

        Regards

        David Davidson

        http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/331405/details/peterhead+kirk+street+drill+hall/