Elizabeth Finnie

  • moresmall
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2006
      Hi

      I have an Elizabeth Finnie born in Longside 16 May 1823, died 20 March
      1895 9 Cross Street Fraserburgh. She married a John Cardno 32 October
      1820 died 26 February 1905. These are my gt gt grandparents.

      Can anyone help as to Elizabeth's parents ? I have her father as
      Alexander Finnie born 2 Oct 1794 in Rathen, and date of death 6 October
      1883 in 44 Mid Street, Fraserburgh, with a question mark over his
      wife. The children I have of this marriage are Jean, Margaret,
      Elizabeth (as above) William, James, Margaret, Thomas, George & James.

      Any information about my Elizabeth most greatfully received.

      Regards

      Maureen. Living down under.
    • ssn_richmond
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2006
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "moresmall" <moresmall3909@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I have an Elizabeth Finnie born in Longside 16 May 1823, died 20
        March
        > 1895 9 Cross Street Fraserburgh. She married a John Cardno 32
        October
        > 1820 died 26 February 1905. These are my gt gt grandparents.
        >
        > Can anyone help as to Elizabeth's parents ? I have her father as
        > Alexander Finnie born 2 Oct 1794 in Rathen, and date of death 6
        October
        > 1883 in 44 Mid Street, Fraserburgh, with a question mark over his
        > wife. The children I have of this marriage are Jean, Margaret,
        > Elizabeth (as above) William, James, Margaret, Thomas, George &
        James.

        Hi Maureen
        I think we may be distantly related.
        My gt gt grandfather was George Finnie ( the one on your list ) and
        he married Jane Stephen.
        These are all the children of Alexander Finnie and Margaret Craib
        (born Longside 03/09/1800 and died in 1851)
        There were two other children:
        John 01/01/1822 and Isabella 15/09/1840.
        The only problem is Alexander himself.
        I have him as being born in 1786 and dying in 1843 at Longside.
        Otherwise your list of children is identical to mine and in the same
        order.
        Regards
        Sue
        England