COWIE

  • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 1999
      Wade, 2 more requests please, also deaths.
      Ref. No. 28 Alexander COWIE d.1867
      " 40 William COWIE d. 1864.
      Thank you, Betty.
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 1999
        Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes wrote:

        > Wade, 2 more requests please, also deaths.
        > Ref. No. 28 Alexander COWIE d.1867
        > " 40 William COWIE d. 1864.

        No.28, Alexander Cowie, single, 31/1/1867 9h am at 2 Crooked Lane, male,
        1 year 6 months, parents: William Cowie seaman and Jean Cowie ms Bruce,
        cause: unknown, no medical attendant, informant: William Cowie, father,
        present.

        No.40, William Cowie, single, 15/2/1864 9h pm at 10/1 North Street,
        male, 4 months, parents: William Cowie and Jane Cowie ms Bruce,
        informant: William Cowie, father, present.

        Regards, Wade.
      • Betty Holmes
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
          The mention of the above surname reminded me of one of my 'brick walls'.
          My husband's Great Great Grandmother was ANN COWIE. Her father was Alexander
          Cowie [from her marriage certificate] and mother Mary Mac Donald.
          Anne was born in Cruden about 1802. And that is all I can find. {after her
          marriage to John Bruce I have information]
          Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Betty.
        • Cci
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
            Hi Betty, it's Catherine.
            On Ancestry there was a birth entry with two of the names you mentioned.

            John Bruce, crofter at Grange and Ann Cowie his wife, a dau Ann born 29-3-1845 and baptised 14-4-1845 before William Bruce and John Campbell.

            The mention of the above surname reminded me of one of my 'brick walls'.
            My husband's Great Great Grandmother was ANN COWIE. Her father was Alexander
            Cowie [from her marriage certificate] and mother Mary Mac Donald.
            Anne was born in Cruden about 1802. And that is all I can find. {after her
            marriage to John Bruce I have information]
            Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Betty.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Betty Holmes
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
              Catherine--Thank you very much. Betty