BRUCE

  • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 1999
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 1999
        Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes wrote:

        > > > There are 2 William Gordon Diveralls in the Diverall family.[father and
        > > > son] BUT Where has the William Gordon Diverall BRUCE come from,father
        > > > Nicolson BRUCE and mother Margaret m.s.Stephen? I have no such Bruce in
        > > > the family, and it would seem that they must br related somehow as the
        > > > Diverall name is not a common one. Can you offer any help? Anything on
        > > > the 1841 or 1851 census? Thanks Betty.

        1851 Census Peterhead
        District 20, page 2, No.9, Boddam
        Robert Bruce, head, 42, Boddam
        Barbara Bruce, wife, 41, Boddam
        Mary Bruce, daughter, 15, Boddam
        Nicholson Bruce, son, 11, Boddam
        Barbara Bruce, daughter, 9, Boddam
        James Bruce, son, 7, Boddam
        Alexander Bruce, son, 5, Boddam
        Isabella Bruce, daughter, 1, Boddam

        District 20, page 19, No.69, Boddam
        Nicholson Bruce, head, 33, Boddam
        Mary Bruce, wife, 32, Boddam
        Mary Bruce, daughter, 10, Boddam
        Jane Bruce, daughter, 8, Boddam
        William Bruce, son, 6, Boddam
        Nicolson Bruce, son, 3, Boddam
        Helen Bruce, daughter, 7m, Boddam
        Catherine Bruce, ser, 17, Boddam

        Regards, Wade.
      • Marion La Rooij
        Message 3 of 5 , May 12, 2005
          Hi Group,

          I am looking for the death of a George BRUCE who was 76 on the 1841 census but cannot find a death certificate. Not surprising really. He was a journeyman mason.

          TIA

          Marion

        • Cci
          Message 4 of 5 , May 12, 2005
            Hi Marion,
            I had a look at Ancestry but there was nothing for George Bruce, Mason journeyman, only a William Bruce, Mason in Stirlinghill, perhaps a relative.

            Catherine

            Message 5 of 5 , May 12, 2005
              Thanks Catherine,
              Will have at look at him, George is a real mystery man!
              Cheers,