Re: STEPHEN family

  • stephenbroekmann
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 2006
      Hi Eileen,

      Your Margaret STEPHEN was a generation before mine, unfortunately.
      Mine was 18 Aug 1929 and according to my records married a MACKIE in
      PETERHEAD in Oct 1851. They must then have emigrated to South Africa
      because she was buried in St Peter's cemetery, Cape Town in 1897.
      The possibility of a connection exists though. In the same cemetery
      there is an Alexander MACKIE! He died in 1936 but there is no record
      of a memorial inscription. Have you tried the Durno-Toylor website
      which has a lot of STEPHEN material?

      Stephen

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Allan Harrop" <a.harrop@...> wrote:

      > Hi Stephen,
      > I wonder if you can help with "my" Margaret Stephen .She gave birth
      to my Gr Gr Grandfather Alexander Kinghorn in Old Deer in 1812.
      > She did not marry the father, Adam Kinghorn and I have no idea who
      her parents were and what became of her.
      > By the 1841 Census Alexander was married and in Peterhead, so I
      have no idea of what became of his family.
      > Does anyone have any ideas?
      > Eileen

      William
      > STEPHEN b1817 in Boddam son of David STEPHEN b 1797 and his wife
      Janet