Researching Garden, Mutch

  • Elizabeth Spinello
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 1998
      Hello,

      I am researching a John Garden, married to Jessie Mutch on 30 Sept.1890.
      They had a son, David, born August 15. 1894. I don't know how many other
      children (if any) they had.

      Any assistance on the above would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks
      Elizabeth Garden Spinello
      Toronto, ON Canada
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 1998
        Elizabeth Spinello wrote:
        > From: Elizabeth Spinello <mdearest@...>

        > I am researching a John Garden, married to Jessie Mutch on 30 Sept.1890.
        > They had a son, David, born August 15. 1894. I don't know how many other
        > children (if any) they had.

        Do you have their marriage certificate ?

        I had a look at the 1891 census index on microfiche:
        Name, sex, age, district, page, parish
        John Garden, M, 55, 4, 6, Peterhead
        John Garden, M, 23, 14, 12, Peterhead
        John Garden, M, 71, 18, 2, Peterhead
        John B. Garden, M, 7, 4, 6, Peterhead
        Jessie Garden, F, 31, 4, 6, Peterhead
        Jessie Garden, F, 0, 4, 6, Peterhead
        Jemima Garden, F, 20, 14, 16, Peterhead
        Jane Garden, F, 62, 18, 2, Peterhead
        Jane Garden, F, 26, 23, 7, Peterhead

        If you had their parents or age you would probably have more luck with
        the 1881 census which is well indexed.