Auchleuchries

  • myidismiguel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2006
      Good afternoon,
      I saw that the Auchleuchries place name had come up in a few
      posting this past month. If one recognises the name, perhaps they
      might be able to help me out. My family had been blacksmiths at this
      place from at least the 1740s to 1860. I had a visit to Aberdeenshire
      last October, and I was able to find the building that had been the
      Blacksmith, and probably the family home generations ago. Due to a
      family curse or something just as creepy, the entire roll of film I
      took of the house and surrounding area failed to develop (I haven't
      made the leap to digital yet).
      If there was a lister from there-abouts who could help me with a
      couple of digital photographs, it would be fantastic. As much as I
      look forward to a return trip to Scotland, it's not in the budget in
      the near future.
      Thanks for any help,
      Michael Black
      Stoney Creek, Ontario