Peterhead Drill Hall

  • Carolyn Morrisey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2006
      Hi,

      Does anyone know when the old Drill Hall, that used to stand at the
      southern entrance of the town, was demolished? I read in a book it was
      pulled down to allow for road realignment, but no date was given. The
      memorial to the Gordon Highlanders that used to stand outside it still
      seems to be there.

      Carolyn
    • Hazel Holt
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2006
        Hi Carolyn,
        The memorial is still there but not sure when the Old Drill Hall was pulled down. I can ask around for you and let you know.

        Hazel

      • Carolyn Morrisey
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 10, 2006
          Thanks Hazel. I'd appreciate that. I tried to find an email address
          for the museum, but without luck. I thought someone there would know.
          Carolyn

          Hazel Holt wrote:

          > Hi Carolyn,
          > The memorial is still there but not sure when the Old Drill Hall was
          > pulled down. I can ask around for you and let you know.
          >
          > Hazel

          Carolyn Morrisey
          Readings and Reserve Officer
          Matheson Library
          Monash University 3800

          Telephone:61 3 990 52675
          Email: carolyn.morrisey@...
        • wgm0924
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1 2:47 AM
            Hi Carolyn,

            The old drill hall was there when I lived in Peterhead as a young
            loon in 1952, I can't remeber when it was knocked down but it would
            probably have been in the late 60's.

            I have just spoken to the curator of the museum and she also thought
            it was the late 60's when it was demolished, they have pictures of
            the drill hall but can't date them, the phone number of the museum is
            01779477778, I have found them extremely helpful in the past.

            Regards

            Bill Morrison
            Edinburgh

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn Morrisey
            <carolyn.morrisey@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Hazel. I'd appreciate that. I tried to find an email
            address
            > for the museum, but without luck. I thought someone there would
            know.
            > Carolyn
            >
            > Hazel Holt wrote:
            >
            > > Hi Carolyn,
            > > The memorial is still there but not sure when the Old Drill Hall
            was
            > > pulled down. I can ask around for you and let you know.
            > >
            > > Hazel

            > --
            > Carolyn Morrisey
            > Readings and Reserve Officer
            > Matheson Library
            > Monash University 3800
            >
            > Telephone:61 3 990 52675
            > Email: carolyn.morrisey@...

          • D
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 23, 2014
              Have a look at the information on the link below Carolyn

              Regards

              David Davidson

              http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/331405/details/peterhead+kirk+street+drill+hall/