Barclay Family

  • Margaret Hector
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2006
      Hi All and Paula in particular,
      I am interested in a family of Barclays who were masons. They seemed to move around Aberdeenshire but were in Huntly around 1780-1820. What do you know about your Barclays?
      Cheers
      Margaret

    • pauladixon23
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2006
        Hi Margaret,
        William Barclay was born in Crimond in 1801 the son of an innkeeper, he
        moved to Peterhead c1840 where the family lived for about 80 years then
        they turned up in Edinburgh.
        Have not found any relations in Huntly yet but you never know!!
        Incidentally my gfather James was a monumental stone mason.
        Happy hunting,
        Paula