Anybody familiar with Crimond?

  • pauladixon23
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2006
      Hi All,
      Does anyone know if there is still a farm in Crimond called Crimongorth
      farm? Have tried looking on old maps but cannot locate it. Some of my
      Barclay family lived there in the 1800s.
      Thanks,
      Paula
    • Kenmalley4@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2006
        Yes it quite a large estate just out side Crimond towards Fraserburgh it
        actually pronounced
        CRIMONMOGATE between the A952 Fraserburgh/Peterhead turning on to B9033 to
        St.Combs less than a mile up that road.
        regards Kenny

      • pauladixon23
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 14, 2006
          Hi Kenny,
          Many thanks for your reply. Have just found Crimongorth on an old map -
          it is just southwest of Crimond. (Didn't scan far enough in different
          directions!!) Just wondered if anyone knew if there was still a farm
          there or has it been built over.
          Cheers,
          Paula