Places, where are they?

  • mlarooij
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2006
      Can anyone familiar with Old Aberdeen please help with my confusion
      over placenames please. In reading the old church registers (1700's)
      we keep coming on places we cannot find, or apparently the same people
      moving to an unknown one. This then is a problem in case they are NOT
      the same people. I have references to Gateside, Newbridge of Hardgate
      & Fraserfield, for instance. Does anyone know where these are/were, if
      they are the same as any of the same name on a modern map & are they
      close to each other, for instance. Are any close to Fyvie, one which
      is eadily found?

      TIA
      Marion