Re: TORRY / LORRY/ LAWRIE / LOWRIE

  • Val Lowrie
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 1999
      Hi Wade

      Think I lost the list for a couple of weeks or so somehow.
      All seems OK now.

      Do you have any records of any TORRYs - I have been trying to fit
      one of this name in to the family but I wonder if the name might
      indeed be meant as LAWRIE / LOWRIE??

      The references to the name are scarce.
      There is one TORRY in the death index in 1858.
      None mentioned in the Lair Index.
      None in the marriage index.
      None in the strays.
      None mentioned in Marrige Index

      In the Death Index Ref No 16.2 is an
      Elizabeth TORRY, b.1793, d. 1858, Ref No 16.2
      Father: John GARDEN (wonder if this too is a variant of GORDON?)
      Mother: WILSON.
      Are you able to give me any more details of this entry.

      We have a Susan TORRY or ARBUTHNOT buried in a
      lair owned by DAVIDSON, which is apparently a LOWRIE
      connection, so I wonder.

      Regards

      Val Lowrie