RE: [Peterhead] Strachan - Buchanhaven

  • Jaclyn Strachan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2006
      Hiya Dave

      Thank you for replying. You're my cousin, well my dad's 2nd cousin. I used to visit auntie Minty with my granda all the time when I was little. Is Wilhelmina your mam? My granda is Andrew Strachan, Jean's son and my dad is Andrew. I was born in 1986 and my name's pronounced "Jasslyn". I was just wondering if anyone had any information as I've just started the Strachan side for my family tree. I might be going to Peterhead next week to see my granda so I'll let him no you contacted me.

      Thank you for the information. It's a great help!

      Jaçlyn :)

      David Davidson <david-davidson@...> wrote:
      Jaqlyn

      Peggy Larsen is my great aunt an other of Jean's sisters was Barabara
      (Minty) was my grandmother. Peggy is still living in Buchanhaven. Andrew
      Strachan (Andy Duff)
      had a fishing boat "Achilles" he now owns the Union Bar in Peterhead, Andy
      also had a sister Christine still living in Peterhead. I think the other
      sister who married the Duthie side was Sarah I think the lived in Roanheads
      maybe Gladstone Road. Three of the Duthie sons are still living in
      Peterhead, John Duthie, Andy Duthie and Peter Duthie, sadly Jim Duthie
      passed away recently he is survived by James, May and Sheila Duthie who live
      near the Golf Course. I would have to ask my Father about Kirsten Bruce, I'm
      going through to Peterhead tomorrow so will find out then. John did marry
      Evelyn, Jim married Sheila, Andy married Daisy and Peter married Margo. Jean
      also had other brothers Patty, Andrew (Lambie), William (Willox or Flukie
      Bill), if you have any other queries let me know and i'll try and fill in
      the gaps

      Best Regards
      Dave Davidson
      Aberdeen