Strachan - Buchanhaven

  • jaclynstrachan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2006
      Hi everyone

      Does anyone have any information on Strachans from Buchanhaven? All I
      have is Jean Strachan born 1920 died abt 1972, son Andrew Tailor
      Strachan born 1941. Jean's sisters were: Chrissie, married a Cordiner I
      think (lived at High St?, Buchanhaven) , Peggy married to a Larson from
      Norway (Mid Street?, Buchanhaven), Minty - son David married to
      Wilhelmina and another sister married a Duthie - I think she had 3
      sons, John married to Evelyn, Jim and another. Jean's mother's name
      possibly Kirsten Bruce.

      Jaçlyn :)
    • David Davidson
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15, 2006
        Jaqlyn

        Peggy Larsen is my great aunt an other of Jean's sisters was Barabara
        (Minty) was my grandmother. Peggy is still living in Buchanhaven. Andrew
        Strachan (Andy Duff)
        had a fishing boat "Achilles" he now owns the Union Bar in Peterhead, Andy
        also had a sister Christine still living in Peterhead. I think the other
        sister who married the Duthie side was Sarah I think the lived in Roanheads
        maybe Gladstone Road. Three of the Duthie sons are still living in
        Peterhead, John Duthie, Andy Duthie and Peter Duthie, sadly Jim Duthie
        passed away recently he is survived by James, May and Sheila Duthie who live
        near the Golf Course. I would have to ask my Father about Kirsten Bruce, I'm
        going through to Peterhead tomorrow so will find out then. John did marry
        Evelyn, Jim married Sheila, Andy married Daisy and Peter married Margo. Jean
        also had other brothers Patty, Andrew (Lambie), William (Willox or Flukie
        Bill), if you have any other queries let me know and i'll try and fill in
        the gaps

        Best Regards
        Dave Davidson
        Aberdeen

        Does anyone have any information on Strachans from Buchanhaven? All I
        have is Jean Strachan born 1920 died abt 1972, son Andrew Tailor
        Strachan born 1941. Jean's sisters were: Chrissie, married a Cordiner I
        think (lived at High St?, Buchanhaven) , Peggy married to a Larson from
        Norway (Mid Street?, Buchanhaven), Minty - son David married to
        Wilhelmina and another sister married a Duthie - I think she had 3
        sons, John married to Evelyn, Jim and another. Jean's mother's name
        possibly Kirsten Bruce.

        Jaçlyn :)

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • David Davidson
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 15, 2006
          Jaqlyn

          Chrissie married Kara Lorgan from Bergen, not sure where the Cordiner
          connection comes in she had 2 sons Alex Lorgan who sadly passed away a few
          years back Chrissie died around 2 years ago but Kara (pronounced Kora)
          Lorgan is still living in Peterhead married to Jeanie Milne.

          Best Regards
          Dave Davidson
          Aberdeen

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 15, 2006
            Hiya Dave

            Thank you for replying. You're my cousin, well my dad's 2nd cousin. I used to visit auntie Minty with my granda all the time when I was little. Is Wilhelmina your mam? My granda is Andrew Strachan, Jean's son and my dad is Andrew. I was born in 1986 and my name's pronounced "Jasslyn". I was just wondering if anyone had any information as I've just started the Strachan side for my family tree. I might be going to Peterhead next week to see my granda so I'll let him no you contacted me.

            Thank you for the information. It's a great help!

            Jaçlyn :)