Re: Hay's Farm

  • jeansimb
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
      Many thanks for the info - I'll need to go and have a look before
      they decide to strat building Jean--- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com,
      MARGIE DAVIDSON <margiedavidson@...> wrote:

      > jeansimb <jeansimb@...> wrote:
      >

      > (?). Anyone have further
      > information on this - I have been told it may be the site of the
      > Maritime Museum at the Lido.
      > Doubt it - the one at Peterhead was Invernettie brick works
      however there was a brickworks in Cruden- more likely. The earlier
      one was on the iste of the present garage in Cruden Bay the later
      one at the site of the present unused one. Due to be a new housing
      estate by the look of things.

      > Hay Farm as you can see from the list is a farm near Whinnyfold -
      the last one on the left before the village. Most of the
      inhabitants were fishermen or farmers -some historians reckon boht -
      Peter Anson and James Coull both speak about crofter/fishermen in
      their books.

      > Some listers make mention of Alexander Hay- one Alexander - a
      bit later than the dates mentioned- was a shareholder in many of the
      Peterhead fishing boats during and after the war. His sister married
      a Forman- Star of Bethlehem and Fruitful Bough being two of the
      boats.

      > Also there was a Garden link with other farms in this area,

      Service.