Re: [Peterhead] Alexander Hay & Catherine Gray, Whinnyfold, Cruden

  • Alison Kennedy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2006
      Hi Marion,

      Alexander Hay (bc 1802, Cruden, son of Alexander Hay & Ann Freeland) & Catherine Gray married 23 August 1828,Cruden, and had at least nine children before Catherine died 13 June 1847 of dropsy. Alexander Hay went on to marry Jessie (Janet) Finnie 16 June 1849, Cruden and they had at least another seven children! Alexander Hay died 28 October 1867, Aberdeen and Jessie Hay (ms Finnie) died 5 December 1898 at Cruden.

      I have some other informartion on the couple ie census returns, OPR's for children's births, and death details. If you would like this info then please e-mail me directly.

      If we have a link to this family it would be through Jessie. Unfortunately I strongly believe that Jessie's parents were wrongly recorded by her son at the time of her death, and although I think I know who her real parents were, so far I have found no real evidence to prove it.

      Alison