Re: [Peterhead] Castel's from Cruden and Peterhead

  • james paterson
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 12:33 AM
      Hi,
      Saw your posting re Castles from Cruden, my GGgrandmother came from Cruden, she was called Gordon Castle, yes Gordon, any thoughts?

      Regards,

      Jim.

      Message Received: Mar 29 2006, 11:34 PM
      From: "Patricia Smith"
      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Peterhead] Castel's from Cruden and Peterhead

      Hi Ann,

      I have never found a connection with my Cruden Castels and Fyvie Castels. I don't have any Cockburns either. If you have a connection could you let me know and I will do further checking.

      Pat
      Ontario, Canada

      Ann Beaton wrote:
      Hi --

      Yes, the family pops up in my tree, particularly associated with COCKBURN in Cruden and Fyvie. One of the children of Arthur Cockburn and Barbara Beaton born at Dencroft, Hay Farm, Cruden was Margaret Castel (Maggie) Cockburn (1894-1913).

      There are other Castel names associated with BEATON in Fyvie.

      I'd like to hear from you!

      Ann
      (Los Angeles)

      patpatjohn wrote:
      Is anyone researching the name Castel who farmed at Hay Farm, Cruden?
      Willing to share information.

      Pat Smith

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Alistair and Denise
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4 3:38 PM
        Hi, Pat

        Just got round to reading some old mail. As it happens, it was quite timely
        because I've just discovered a CASTEL/CASTLE connection in Peterhead and
        Cruden:

        Thomas CASTEL married Jane Cowie FARQUHAR

        Their son, Thomas, (b. circa 1867, Peterhead), married one of my cousins
        Isabella THOMSON (b.1872, Fraserburgh), in 1890 at Cruden (Port Erroll),
        where the THOMSON family had settled.
        In 1901 Thomas CASTLE was described as the "Town Postman", and he and
        Isabella had three children living: Isabella, Jane and Thomas James.

        Do these connect anywhere with you?

        Alistair
        Perth, Western Australia

        > Is anyone researching the name Castel who farmed at Hay Farm, Cruden?
        > Willing to share information.
        >
        > Pat Smith

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --

      • Patricia Smith

          > Is anyone researching the name Castel who farmed at Hay Farm, Cruden?
          > Willing to share information.
          >
          > Pat Smith

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --

          ---------------------------------

        • bigal6164
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 16 5:02 PM
            Pat, thanks for your reply, which I've just found by visiting the
            website! It didn't come through via email. (I wonder if anyone else
            experiences the same thing?)

            No worries about Thomas but if you do discover something I'd
            certainly be interested!

            Best wishes - and apologies for the delay in responding -

            AListair

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Patricia Smith <patpatjohn@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi Alistair,
            >
            > I don't seem to have a Thomas Castel among my ancestors, but if
            I come across one I will let you know.

            > Pat
            >

            > Alistair and Denise <AlDenBain@...> wrote:
            > Hi, Pat
            >
            > Just got round to reading some old mail. As it happens, it was
            quite timely
            > because I've just discovered a CASTEL/CASTLE connection in
            Peterhead and
            > Cruden:
            >
            > Thomas CASTEL married Jane Cowie FARQUHAR
            >
            > Their son, Thomas, (b. circa 1867, Peterhead), married one of my
            cousins
            > Isabella THOMSON (b.1872, Fraserburgh), in 1890 at Cruden (Port
            Erroll),
            > where the THOMSON family had settled.
            > In 1901 Thomas CASTLE was described as the "Town Postman", and he
            and
            > Isabella had three children living: Isabella, Jane and Thomas
            James.

            > Do these connect anywhere with you?
            >
            > Alistair
            > Perth, Western Australia

            29/03/2006

            > To unsubscribe send a messaged to: Peterhead-
            unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

            > American family home insurance American family home
            insurance company American family home owner insurance Multi
            family home for sale Single family home for sale Family home
            finance

            Service.