Re: 1851 census lookup?

  • traceclip
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 23 12:27 PM
      Hello Lesley,

      Thanks to yourself and Melissa I can now add some more names to the
      children of Catherine Yule and William Johnstone in my tree.

      Catherine Yule's brother, Thomas, is my 2G Grandfather. I believe
      that she was born on 23rd June 1819 but have been unable to find out
      any more about her - unless someone out there knows differently! :-)

      Helen

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Lesley Bousbaine" <wayland@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Could anyone out there have a look in the 1851 census for the
      > following family?
      >
      > Katherine Yule & William Johnston
      > m. 9 Jun 1842 Peterhead
      >
      > JANE LAMB JOHNSTON b. 14 SEP 1845 c. 05 OCT 1845 Peterhead
      > MARY SHIVES JOHNSTON b. 21 JUN 1851 c. 28 AUG 1851 Peterhead
      > MARGARET YULE JOHNSTON b. 18 MAY 1855 Peterhead
      > THOMAS WALKER JOHNSTON b. 05 SEP 1858 Peterhead
      > ROBERTSON JOHNSTON b. 04 JUN 1862 Peterhead
      >
      > Any help would be much appreciated!
      >
      > Lesley

    • Cci
      Message 2 of 4 , May 25, 2006
        Hi,
        This might be of help to you.

        23rd June 1819, William Yule, Sailor in Peterhead a dau Catherine
        witnesses, Andrew Yule and Francis Buchan

        William Johnston, Gardener in Blackhill and Catherine Yule his wife
        a dau Mary Shivas born 21st June 1851 bap 28th Aug 1851
        before Seton Henderson and William Brook

        William Johnston, Gardener in Blackhill and Catherine Yule his wife
        a son Adam Henderson born 22nd June 1853 bap 17th Aug 1853
        before Adam Henderson and George Sangster

        William Johnston, Gardener in Meethill and Catherine Yule his wife
        a dau Jane Lamb born 14th Sept 1845 bap 8th Oct 1845
        before Free Kirk Congregation

        There are also records for another William Johnston, a Gardener in Meethill in the mid 1820's, seeing as the last entry was in Meethill, this could be related to Catherine Yule's husband William Johnston.

        Another record for the Blackhill area is;

        James Johnston, Labourer in Blackhill and Christina Robertson his wife
        a dau Catherine born 27th April 1845 bap 9th May 1845
        before Christopher Robertson and Seton Henderson

        If you would like these records, please just ask.
        Best wishes,
        Catherine