Re: Certificates

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 1999
      JMiklos102@... wrote:

      > From: JMiklos102@...
      >
      > Thanks Wade, can you tell me where to obtain copies of birth and marriage
      > certificates and cost involved. He was married in Peterhead approx 1903.

      A few ways. If you are certain that the birth was in 1881 then this
      film can be borrowed from an LDS Family History Centre. That cost is $6
      AUS, don't know cost in UK, USA or Canada. The LDS have not film
      certificates for the period 1903.

      All certificates for Scotland are kept at New Register House. Address:
      Registrar General, New Register House, Princes Street, Edinburgh, EH1
      3YT, Scotland or
      fax +44 31 314 4400. Cost 11 pounds in person or 13 pounds by post or
      fax (that was a few years ago, could be more now). They will do a five
      year search around the date you give.

      If you are an overseas member of the Aberdeen & NE Scotland Family
      History Society, then they can search for the certificates and then give
      you the details from these for about 10 pounds.

      The other option is the New Register House index through the internet.
      You need a visa card, but you can search the index and then order the
      certificate.

      Does anyone remember the internet address, the time period covered for
      civil registration and cost for 30 lines (6 pounds?) ?

      Regards, Wade.
    • Niles & Becchi
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 1999
        What is the Aberdeen & NE Scotland Family History Society and how do I find
        out about membership?

        Becchi Oesterle

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 14 10:18 PM
          Hi Robert,

          robert.stewart1@... wrote:

          > I live in Scotland and visit New register House about 4 times a year. I
          > could help distant researchers by transcribing certificates for them.

          Thank you very much for this kind offer on behalf of everyone on the
          list. I hope you don't get swamped with requests.