Re: Williamson May

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 1999
      Ken May wrote:

      > Jessie Williamson May was my grandfather's sister. John Alexander May
      > was born in Peterhead and his father, John May, emigrated to New
      > Zealand in the mid-1880's. My own question is why was Jessie given
      > the second name of Williamson, when them family trend seems to have
      > been to use family names for second names, e.g. John May married Janet
      > (or Jannet) Milne and my uncle was named John Milne May, etc..

      Hi Ken,

      Jessie Williamson May, could have received the Williamson from Margaret
      Williamson the grand-mother of Mary Reid that married Alexander May from
      which Jessie is descended from. I don't have how many generations
      Jessie is from Alexander May and Mary Reid.

      If you don't have the information about James Reid & Margaret
      Williamson, then please let me know.