Re: [Peterhead] Lewis Davidson & Janet Walker

  • Alison Kennedy
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2006
      Hi Arthur,

      I'm glad the information re Lewis Davidson & Janet Walker was of some use. I'm sorry but I don't have any information on Lewis Davidson & wife Margaret Birnie. Near where they lived there are kirkyards at Old Deer, Longside, Peterhead; Fetterangus and Strichen - any one of which they may be buried in. If by any chance they survived until at least 1855 - 1860 then their death certificates should state which kirkyard they were buried in.

      Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

      Alison

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
        Hi Alison,

        Thanks for e-mail. We had a quick look at the Longside Kirkyard when we were
        visiting that area in 2004, but time was against us to look at the others.

        While in that area I did manage to get a copy of Longside A PARISH and its
        PEOPLE. My Grandfather Bruce ROBERTSON came from that area and a number of
        ROBERTSONS are buried in the Longside Kirkyard.

        Bruce married Jessie Ann DAVIDSON in New Plymouth, NZ.

        Once again thanks for the information.

        Kind regards