The sinking of "The Hannibal"

  • v11buk
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22 3:42 AM
      Hi all

      Would anyone have any information on the ship "Hannibal"?

      I have been told that it sank off the coast of Norway in
      1848. "Apparently every life was lost save one, a seaman named WATT,
      an inhabitant of Peterhead, who in after life was known as Piper
      George Watt".

      George WATT was my 2x grt uncle and was married to Rachel GRAY and
      later Margaret BUCHAN. George died in Peterhead 1883.

      Many thanks
      Viv