Re: [Peterhead] Re: Hi I am new here and here a few of the names I am looking for

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2006
      Hi Kathleen,
      This is all Ancestry had.

      CRAIGHEAD
      William Craighead, Labourer in Peterhead and Sarah Milne his wife
      a son William born 10-9-1853 bap 4-10-1853
      before William Shand and James Stewart

      James Hall, Precentor, Parish Church and Elspet Craighead his wife
      a dau Helen Ann born 9-12-1851 bap 30-12-1851
      before James Hay and Donald McDonald

      William Craighead, Labourer in Peterhead and Charlotte Grant his wife
      a dau Catherine Prain born 14-10-1846 bap 24-11-1846
      beofre William Forbes and Alexander Collie

      William Craighead, Labourer in Peterhead and Sarah Milne his wife
      a dau Isabella born 6-4-1850 bap 25-4-1850
      beofre Willian Gibson and George Youngson

      1891 Vessels census
      River Tyne, Northumberland
      "ESK"
      John Dury, s, 43, 1st Mate, Montrose
      Alexander McGregor, m, 51, Able Seaman, Dundee
      William Stobart, m, 30, AS, Durham
      William Cozens, m, 38, AS, Norfolk
      John Henry Craighead, m, 26, AS, Peterhead
      John William Murray, s, 21, AS, Peterhead

      This is the entry I told you about.
      James Webster, Labourer in Stirlinghill a son James Hadden
      born 9-4-1840 bap 18-4-1840
      before George Webster and William Craighead

      HADDEN
      James Webster, Labourer in Peterhead and Ann Hadden his wife
      a son Alexander Smith born 27-2-1848 bap 7-3-1848
      before Alexander Collie and James Kinloch

      William Birnie, Carpenter in Peterhead and Mary Bruce his wife
      a dau Mary Hadden born 16-5-1852 bap 25-5-1852
      before William and Alexander Birnie

      CRAIGHEAD as a witness
      19-7-1829 William Horrie, Sailor in Peterhead a son Andrew
      wit John Craighead and Thomas Lilly

      There were some Craighead's in family trees back to the 1680's.
      If you contact me off line I can give you the details.
      cci@...

      Best wishes
      Catherine