Law ancestry

  • lesley connell
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 1999
      ,A friend has asked me if I could submit the following query.WILLIAM LAW
      married JANE McCALLUM on October 31,1812in Peterhead.They had at least
      3children,

      WILLIAM born ?
      JAMES born ?
      MARY ANN born 16 nov.1814 in Peterhead.She married CHRISTOPHER VANCE,Oct
      5,1835 in Gorbals and died Feb13,1861 in Bonhill

      Does anyone know of this family?Any information,however small would be
      appreciated.One thing that we are especially keen to know is the
      occupation of William Law [married to Jane McCallum] Would it be
      possible for someone to do lookups on the information given?
      Looking forward to hearing from someone no matter how
      small their information is.
      Regards,
      Lesley Connell.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 1999
        Hi Lesley,

        lesley connell wrote:

        > A friend has asked me if I could submit the following query.WILLIAM LAW
        > married JANE McCALLUM on October 31,1812 in Peterhead.They had at least
        > 3 children,

        Can I ask where you got the name Jane McCallum? I had a look at the IGI
        and found William Law married Jean Guthrie 20/10/1812 Logie Buchan and
        31/10/1812 Peterhead

        > WILLIAM born ?
        > JAMES born ?
        > MARY ANN born 16 nov.1814 in Peterhead.She married CHRISTOPHER VANCE,Oct
        > 5,1835 in Gorbals and died Feb13,1861 in Bonhill

        I found William 8/8/1817 Peterhead and James 13/4/1823 Peterhead. I
        will look at the Peterhead OPR to see what occupation is given for
        William Law at the baptism of the three children. I will also check the
        marriage, to see if the same occupation is given.