McGlashan's

  • Marilyn Lacey
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 1999
      I have been advised by a very helpful lady in the US that Margaret MCGlashan
      and her 8 children, may have returned to Scotland after the death of her
      husband, George Greig McGlashan in Maine, USA in 1885. Her childrens names
      were Margaret, Mary, Agnes, George, Bessie, Alice, Norman, Charles & John.
      She was from Peterhead and its possible she returned there. I am wondering
      if she appears on the 1891 census. Can anyone help?

      Thanks,
      Marilyn
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 1999
        Hi Marilyn,

        Marilyn Lacey wrote:

        > I have been advised by a very helpful lady in the US that Margaret MCGlashan
        > and her 8 children, may have returned to Scotland after the death of her
        > husband, George Greig McGlashan in Maine, USA in 1885. Her childrens names
        > were Margaret, Mary, Agnes, George, Bessie, Alice, Norman, Charles & John.
        > She was from Peterhead and its possible she returned there. I am wondering
        > if she appears on the 1891 census. Can anyone help?

        I only have access to the 1891 census index, but found: Margaret age 42
        and children at Old Machar 168/2, District 43, page 34.

        I think the 1891 census has been filmed by the LDS.