Watt family

  • v11buk
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18 8:12 AM
      As a new member I am posting my interests for the group.

      Most of my research has been concentrated in Fraserburgh, Pitsligo
      and the Rathen areas, but thanks to a fellow researcher I have
      recently been given new information on one of my grt grt uncles who
      married and died in Peterhead.

      George WATT was one of the sons of James WATT and Helen NOBLE. He was
      born in Fraserburgh in about 1826.
      In 1845 he married Rachel GRAY. She died in 1862 and George then
      remarried in 1865 to Margaret BUCHAN.
      I am not sure about any children from the first marriage, but have
      been told that there were 2 children from the second. Helen born 1871
      and George born 1873.

      George died in 1881 and his wife Margaret in 1902.

      I would be most interested to hear from any members of the group with
      any information on this branch of my tree.

      Just to add ............ George WATT was one of the brothers of
      Christian WATT author of the "Christian Watt Papers".

      Regards
      Viv -
      Dorset,England