Re: "Old Inverugie"

  • Ken May
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 19, 1999
      Susan,

      Jessie Williamson May was my grandfather's sister. John Alexander May
      was born in Peterhead and his father, John May, emigrated to New
      Zealand in the mid-1880's. My own question is why was Jessie given
      the second name of Williamson, when them family trend seems to have
      been to use family names for second names, e.g. John May married Janet
      (or Jannet) Milne and my uncle was named John Milne May, etc..

      At the moment, I am working 400 km away from my home PC and so replies
      may only occur at weekends, and only then if my wife lets me come home
      for the weekend (joke).

      Regards

      Ken