Re: James Milne

  • Kate
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2006
      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "S.Inkster" <firestorm2@...> wrote:

      > I also have a James Milne b: abt 1841, his parents were James
      Milne / Ann
      > Thain.
      > James 1841 m: Elizabeth Geddes - June 18,1859 Longside,
      > -they had one daughter that I know of Margaret Ogston Milne b: Nov
      30,1859
      > Peterhead.
      >
      > Sharon

      Hi Sharon,

      Katherine here, we share the same ancestors James Milne and Ann Thain,
      I am a descendant of their daughter Elizabeth Mine who married
      Archibald Penny.
      This is what I have so far on James and Ann Thain`s children.

      WILLIAM Milne born 1844 married Elizabeth Buchan 24th Jan 1863 (her
      parents are Peter Buchan and Jean Buchan nee Buchan)brother Alexander
      Milne witness at marriage along with Alexander May.

      ELIZABETH Milne born 1846 married Archibald Penny 10th June 1871

      ANN Milne born abt 1855 (listed on the 1881 Census Strichen aged 26)
      Margaret Milne born ? (found on mother`s death cert)

      ALEXANDER Milne born abt 1857

      possible parents for James Milne who married Ann Thain are George
      Milne and Margaret Spence information from death cert of James Milne
      who died 18th December 1857 aged 78 at 10 Trinity Street Aberdeen
      witness James Milne son of 53 West North Street (Elizabeth Milne was
      listed as living at West North Street at time of marriage to
      Archibald Penny. So am looking for death of James Mine who married
      Ann Thain as I know he was dead by January 24 th 1863 from William`s
      marriage to Elizabeth Buchan.

      Ann (Thain ) Milne is listed as Ann T Milne aged 74 in the 1881
      census at Water Street Strichen along with Daughter Ann.

      I did not know about James Milne (your line) but is he the one listed
      in the 1851 census for Fraserburgh age 16 living with Alex Buchan at
      Redhouse? he was born in King Edward.

      Also do you know if Margaret Milne married a William Anderson and was
      living at 16 Ferryhill Terrace in the 1871 census.

      Would love to share info on the Milne and Thain side if you wish.

      Katherine
    • S.Inkster
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2006
        Hi Katherine,
        I don't have much on the Milne line, at the time I found James Milne and
        Elizabeth Geddes marriage I was researching the Geddes line and some how
        didn't get back to the Milne line.
        On James and Elizabeth marriage certificate June 18,1859 Longside, James was
        18, a farm servant in Burnhead, Cruden, his father James Milne was deceased.
        The same year Nov 30,1859, the dau. Margaret Ogston Milne was born in
        Peterhead. I think the daughter died in 1860.
        They seemed to move arounnd a lot!!!!
        If you want a copy of the marriage cert. I can send it to you.

        Sharon